Saturday, April 07, 2007

Anyone checking in over Spring Vacation?

What are you reading?


I've been reading The Sisters Grimm: Fairy Tale Detectives this week.

A reader from LE highly recommended it to me, and so I bumped it up to the top of my reading list! I'm about halfway through, and enjoying it quite a bit.

Sisters, Sabrina and Daphne, find themselves living with a grandmother they never knew they had...in a peculiar enchanted forest... They're not sure what to believe. Fairies, pixies, and giants aren't real, right? So, what about the teeny flying things that glow and sing and bite at night? ...And how did a giagantic footprint left at the scene of a crushed house?

There's also the matter of the grandmother... Can she be trusted? Is she really their grandmother? ...Is she just a crazy old woman? Why does she have a room that's all locked up and off limits? And what are the strange noises coming from that room? What is she hiding?

The Sisters Grimm have some detective work to do.

I have a feeling readers in LE and UE who are looking for a magic-infused tale that weaves old fairytales into present-day reality, in a wacky way, will like this book. There's a bit of a mystery, too; so readers who like figuring out mysteries might try it too.

I'll be done by Tuesday, and will have it on my desk ready for the next eager reader!

NEW BOOK ALERT!
Look forward to a bunch of new books that will be arriving when we get back from break. I'm most looking forward to Butterfly Eyes and Other Secrets of the Meadow--a book of nature poems just in time for Poetry Month!
And there will be a whole bunch of shiny new books about Maya, Inca, and Aztec history, just in time for your new unit, UE!

See you soon.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Book One in the series is good but the next two Sisters Grimm book are ven better. The fourth one--which takes place in NYC--is supposed to be out May 1st and I can't wait!!!!